1. What name is given to powdered tobacco?
2. What sort of creature is a Black Widow?
3. Which Scottish isle became linked to the mainland in 1995?
4. What name is given to a mysterious spirit believed to cause noise and disturbance in a house?
5. Women’s fashion: which red-hot craze swept the UK in the early 1970’s?
6. What name is given to a North American Indian baby?
7. Which sign of the Zodiac shows a man pouring water from a jug?
8. What very small amount of toxic gas is present in smelling salts?
9. What’s the name of the Watergate inspired film that starred Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman?
10. What feat can you perform if you have scotopic vision?
11. Which one of the following does not apply to the others and why: father, mother, aunt, uncle, cousin, sister and brother.
12. The USA: to which tune is “The Battle Hymn of the Republic” sung?
13. What is the scientific term for “complete emptiness”?
14. Rather than a hatter, what’s the proper name for a maker of hats?
15. Does the Sun go around the Earth or the Earth around the Sun?
16. Soap and candles are made from the fat of sheep. What’s this fat called?
17. In which ballet is “The Waltz of the Flowers”?
18. In Aesop’s fable who removed the thorn from the lion’s paw?
19. There are only three words in Standard English that begin with the letters “dw”. What are they?
20. In The Twelve Days of Christmas, if you multiply the number of ladies dancing by the number of Pipers piping, what’s your answer?