1. From which sort of berries is gin distilled?
2. What name is given to a camel with one hump?
3. What are pigs’ feet called?
4. The cinema: how was Frederick Austerlitz better known?
5. Which town is closely associated with St Francis, patron saint of animals?
6. On TV who was the boss of Della Street?
7. What would you be eating if you dined on calamari?
8. What is the first day of Lent called?
9. What was the title of Margaret Mitchell’s only book?
10. What is nicknamed “The City of Dreaming Spires”?
11. The cinema: 12 convicts were recruited for a suicide mission in which unhygienic sounding 1967 film?
12. What name is given to a group of cats?
13. Beginning with the letter “X” what name is given to a morbid fear of foreigners
14. What are the thick layers of fat under the skin of whales called? (Think of Donald Trump after the election)
15. Beginning with the letter “K”, what name is given to “loose breeches tucked in at the knee”?
16. In the film “A Town Like Alice”, what does “Alice” refer to?
17. Who is the only Englishman to be appointed Pope?
18. Which literary character “tilted at windmills”?
19. Which famous singing group was originally known as “The Quarrymen”?
20. What was the name of the world-famous female French singer whose nickname was “The Little Sparrow”?