1. In the song “I Believe” what happens to every drop of rain that falls?
2. What is the world’s largest species of penguin called?
3. Which Roman goddess of flowers is the name of a brand of margarine?
4. Who was Fred Astaire’s most famous dancing partner?
5. In Coronation Street, what was the first name of Mrs Sharples?
6. In which competition was Miss Sweden the first winner in 1955?
7. In which opera does the heroine work in a cigarette factory?
8. In the TV series “Are You Being Served?” John Inman had a famous two-word catchphrase. What was it?
9. Which type of calendar is used today in the western world?
10. Why should car drivers believe that Yorkshire man Percy Shaw should have been knighted?
11. How many children were in Enid Blyton’s Famous Five?
12. Which TV puppet appeared with Harry Corbett?
13. Give the collective name for the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts
14. Which comic book character had a dog named Gnasher?
15. Which long-running radio programme was devised by Roy Plomley?
16. Which Lloyd Webber musical contains the song “Memory”?
17. Collective nouns: “exaltation” is a group of which birds?
18. What musical word is an anagram of “cart-horse”?
19. Until recently which 1930s US criminal was known as Public Enemy No. 1?
20. What was the name of the little Skye terrier who guarded the grave of his master for 16 years?