1. In literature, who went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat “with honey and plenty of money”?
2. What names are given to a single banana and a bunch of bananas?
3. Which Thomas painted “The Blue Boy”?
4. Pertussis is the medical name for which childhood disease: mumps or whooping cough?
5. Which notorious prison was situated in San Francisco Bay?
6. What’s the name of the pickle of mixed vegetables in a mustard sauce?
7. In which English county is Penzance?
8. Which play by Willy Russell became a film starring Pauline Collins and Tom Conti?
9. Which everyday product was advertised on television by a group of monkeys?
10. What was the two-word nickname of President Abraham Lincoln?
11. What’s the German equivalent of the post of Prime Minister?
12. Who first said “A week is a long time in politics”?
13. Which musical features the song “The Music of the Night”?
14. “For Whom the Bell Tolls” was a novel set in which European conflict?
15. Who composed the operettas Gipsy Love, The Land of Smiles and The Merry Widow?
16. What world famous event occurred on May 29, 1953?
17. In the 1950s, what song was initially banned by the Catholic Church in Boston because it aligned Christmas with sex?
18. What five-letter cathedral city in North Yorkshire begins with the letter “R”?
19. “I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky” is the first line of which classic poem?
20. In the USA in the 1920s, how was The National Prohibition Act better known?