FINDING A NEW VENUE:
If you are a new group or need to find a new venue the following list of venues in the Downpatrick area could be helpful to get you started in your search. Please note:
• This is not a list of recommendations.
• Start your search in good time – good value venues may be booked well in advance.
• Other venues may become available in the future.
• Details are given below where available and every effort is taken to make they are kept up to date.
• You should not sign any rental agreement (see Finance Guidelines).
• Most of the venues may be open to negotiation on their normal hire rate, especially for block bookings.
• If may suit your group to be located outside Downpatrick and you should consider venues such as the Dan Rice Hall, Drumaness or Ballynahinch Leisure Centre which are good value; some venues may even be free of charge. Villages such as Crossgar may have church halls which are likely to be economical.
Ballymote Community Centre 40 Killough Road, Downpatrick BT30 6PY
Telephone: 028 4461 2311
All spaces are on the first floor – there is a lift. There a number of smaller meeting rooms and a large hall (which tends to be booked well in advance). Tea/coffee available. Wifi. Car park can be very busy during the day.
Ballymote Sports and Wellbeing Centre 96 Glebetown Drive, Downpatrick BT30 6PX
Telephone: 028 4461 2919
All spaces on the ground floor with full access. Large sports hall, arts/craft room, small meeting room. Car Park.
Denvir’s Hotel 14 English Street Downpatrick BT30 6AB
Telephone: 028 4461 2012
Function room (with screen) and conference room available. Tea/coffee available. Limited on street parking only.
Down Leisure Centre 114 Market Street, Downpatrick BT30 6LZ
Telephone: 028 4461 3426
Large hall and games room available.
Downpatrick Arts Centre 2 – 6 Irish Street, Downpatrick
Telephone: 028 4461 0747
G.F. studio and studio bar (seats c 30). Pay and display car park close by.
Downpatrick Cricket Club 2 Strangford Road, Downpatrick BT30 6SL
Telephone: 028 4461 2869
Lakeside Inn Drumcullan Road, Downpatrick
Lounge bar and lounge available. Car park.
St Michael’s Centre 99 Irish Street, Downpatrick
Telephone: 028 4461 6488
All spaces on 1st/2nd floor. Theatre has raked seating and all necessary equipment for showing DVD’s. Other rooms available. Tea/coffee available. On street parking.
St Patrick Centre 53a Market Street, Downpatrick BT30 6LZ
Telephone: 028 4461 9000
Various small meetings rooms available on first floor (lift available). Tea/coffee available through the Café Restaurant. Parking at nearby pay and display car park.